Friday, March 4, 2011

Playtime . . .

Just for fun last night I fired up the torch and cracked the seals on those jars of enamel I bought, oh . . . two years ago (frowny face here!) and I wondered if I really remembered what I learned in that great weekend class 'way back then.  And surprise!  I did!

Now, I don't pretend that these little swingy earrings are gallery-worthy or even worth selling at all but what a great start.  I laid awake all night just picturing all of the sweet colored things I could do when the day started.

A few quick errands and I'm carving out time today to play, chained to the bench experimenting and maybe creating a handful of new Spring-y bright things.

And as accents for my set stones?  Oh yes.  Yes, yes, I'm ready to head back to the workshop and start with a Spring clean slate - just one more cuppa tea . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely worthy of selling...love the spring color and the design. I have also been sitting on enamels, originally used with my lampwork beads, & have wanted to try the torch enameling but just haven't done it...this may make me dig them out. At least it would give me a place to begin to see if I even like it or not.

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

I would buy them. Love that color. Can't wait to see what else you apply this to. Keep on, woman.

Two Dog Pond said...

I'm coming over.
You have much to teach me.

lynn bowes said...

Do we need a play day?

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

totally springy. that green is superduper lovely.