Monday, June 18, 2012

If Minnesota was always like last weekend . . .


 I'd move there, I swear.  However, I understand they get a little snow so I'm not convinced the temps will always be in the 70s during the day and 50s at night.  Still, a temptation . . . 
I

We had a wonderful airshow weekend in Granite Falls with our friends Rob and Janie (Rob is the chief pilot for Fagen Inc.).  Ron Fagen now owns my gorgeous old airplane, my 1941 PT-22 and I had the chance to fly it in the every-other-year WWII airshow.  What a weekend.  This time, hubby Ed flew it - winds were stiff - but no matter to me as I had the chance to take these pics against an unbelievably blue sky.
taxiing out

Just look.
fly by - just look at that grass runway
like carpet
okay, not particularly flattering but Ed's and my reflections
in the baggage compartment skin

5 comments:

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

I hear the Brainerd area is lovely. Just light "snow globe"-like snow in the winter. You should move there.

Two Dog Pond said...

That is a beautiful plane! Looks like a lovely area - I vote you stay here though (said your selfish friend)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures and I love that airplane...you fly, that is so great. Jim flew also and I am not sure there was anything he loved more, other than me :-).

Kaitlyn said...

That was yours? Amazing skies and pictures. Love your and Ed's adventures. So cool! I am still waiting on a update on your Shasta and if you've taken it out on the road?

lynn bowes said...

Kaitlyn, the Shasta just got a new bed/sofa cover and it goes to Seward this weekend for the aerobatic contest. Ed put a teeny a/c in the back window and I think we're gonna need it!

Brainerd - snow globe snow, you wouldn't be pulling my leg, would you?