Monday, August 29, 2016

The little green bungalow . . .

Such a sweet little house.
I shouldn't call it 'small' since I've never been inside and it isn't mine,
but I know the neighborhood and the homes are darling.
Quaint, cozy, perfect.
This bungalow belongs to a friend who asked me to paint it in watercolor when I had time.
I finally had time.
I have two photos of it - one winter and one summer.
The summer house has 4th of July bunting and is beautiful and lush.
But there was something still about the home after a snowfall.
Tight and grounded. Clean and composed.
I love this setting with the pretty green against the grey skies, the hinted-at shapes 
of the trees and foliage.
She loves it and I can't wait to see it framed and in her home.
Love.

2 comments:

DancingMooney said...

This is gorgeous, and my vision of a dream home... a quaint little place surrounded by nature, and even a bit of snow. I love it. I'm glad I visited your blog, your work is beautiful! ♥

lynn bowes said...

Thanks so much! This is the home of a friend and it is in a cool neighborhood called Professor's Row where a lot of the University of Nebraska professors lived years ago. Quaint and tidy and so lovely.