Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm too excited . . . .


I was going to try to post blog entries that were organized, followed a chronological order of my metalworking journey, attempt to be informative and probably just plain boring. {{yawn}} But today I took a little sliver of agate that I bought at the Lincoln Gem and Mineral Show last Sunday and I'm so excited about how the little guy turned out that I had to post it.

I usually cut and polish all of my own stones (you can find those sweet gems on my flickr site) but I came across a handful of Holley Blue Agate and this little sliver was calling to me. I swear, this piece absolutely glows. Sweet, huh?

It measures about an inch long and I've accented it with a 4mm peridot bead. (I know, I hate mixing millimeters and inches, but . . . . ). Love it. Can't wait to wear it. I have three other pieces that I think will be set and sold. I can't keep everthing.

3 comments:

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

your excitement is oozing out of my computer. that's neat.

i love the necklace too, sweetness.

Jill said...

Very nice, would love to know what it feels like to create that!

lynn bowes said...

Oh ladies, how nice you are. Jill, when all goes well it feels wonderful. If it's a bad day, your sleeve catches on fire.