Sunday, August 29, 2010

Girlfriends . . .

Ah, girlfriend time.
Is there anything better than spending time with old friends?

My two beautiful twin girlfriends, Connie and Audrie visited us this weekend from Lawrence and it was so wonderful to see them again. We've known each other since 1989 (I know, can you believe it?!) when Connie and I worked together in Kansas City and we became fast friends. Endured the same challenges of the work, shared the same experiences and commiserated considerably. It was a personal growing time for me and I learned much about myself as I know Connie did. Completely changed the way we set personal boundaries - how we let co-workers treat us. [ And I refuse to say any more than that on the grounds that it definitely will incriminate us =-) ] We revisited those events and were shaking our heads. Grateful for the experience and all the better for it. Can I get an 'Amen'?

Ed treated us to a Saltdog baseball game. Great gams.
We went to the Quilt Study Center on the University of Nebraska campus. Swell gift shop. We like to pose like Connie and Audrie's aunt taught them - one foot in front of the other is slimming she said, chest out, tummy in.

Tons of visiting, sitting on the back porch watching the hummingbirds chase each other off the feeders (who knew they were so territorial?), scratching cat bellies, congratulating each on our weight losses and encouraging each other the keep at it one meal at a time. Such a wonderful time.

I can't wait to see them again. xoxox.

5 comments:

Connie K Grob said...

What a beautiful blog this morning - I love you!

Jill said...

Sounds like such a nice weekend--I'm happy for you three (and Ed!)

lynn bowes said...

Consuelo! Love and hugs and kisses to you, too, dahlink.

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

How fun! Hey, we have those little feisty little fighting hummingbirds too. It's always the short ones...

You, my friend, look mahvelous.

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

what a great time. and lynn, you are smokin! you look great! love the pose lessons. this slouchaholic should take heed.