Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ice . . .

Coaxing the muse out of hiding with the tempting tinkle of ice, perhaps?  


Yesterday I made up my mind that I'd chain myself to the bench until something was created and with much distracted playing, this piece appeared.  I arranged and rearranged and rearranged again little bits of leftover pieces of silver around this sweet cab of Tourmalinated Quartz and I'm pleased with what appeared.

Simply set with an open back.
Moves easily.

I have a handful of these cabs, some just the size of your fingernail, and each one has the appearance of cracked ice.  Holding them in the palm of my hand looks like a handful of crushed ice.


Maybe it's the icy driveway and shrubs and icicles on the eaves this week that inspired me to set this as ice tongs holding a melting cube - no matter, I'm just happy that errant muse showed up.

2 comments:

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Gorgeous!! So glad your muse has returned.

Unknown said...

So glad this little lovely appeared during your work & play session! Very nice!