Monday, December 14, 2015

Love, the Locals Show . . .

 This little show was a sweet surprise!
Organized by a group of four crafty friends and carefully curated to include
the freshest, hippest work out there,
it attracted young modern people who appreciate
well done work and things that they would love to have in their homes.
I was beyond impressed that Lincoln was home to any of these folks!
Lots of young families
(I've never seen so many little ones and pregnant moms!)
and it was just exciting to see.

The venue? Gorgeous!
It was held in the restored Wyuka Cemetery Stables. Brick courtyard with inward-facing stable doors (garage doors now) so you had an open center breezeway with huge stable doors opening into the courtyard. There were two big rooms on either side that held 23 artist spaces.

Beautiful. I want to move in.












I'll bet that next year they find bigger digs. 


There were over 1000 people in attendance and with the popularity of this show, they'll need it!

My work fit in (altho' I think I was the oldest artist there - freaky) and keeping it fresh and light will be key


Exactly my style.






No comments: