Saturday, July 18, 2009

Off to Belgium with you!

A special order completed today and packaged to ship to Belgium. The buyer saw one of my rings on etsy and wanted one similar but bigger so I cut and polished three stones (glad I had more of this material on hand!) and she chose the biggest one for her custom ring.

The rough slab material was sold to me as opalite with is translated as a non-gem grade opal. It's the coolest shade of green with marvelous inclusions and veins. Whatever it is, it polishes beautifully and has great depth. Sorta 'green glass-y'.

I think this really turned out nice and the oxidation sets off the bright silver shine. Sweet, if I do say so myself. No, edgy.

2 comments:

Two Dog Pond said...

Fabulous. I say. That is really really nice.

Jill said...

Edgy indeed!