Friday, February 4, 2011

Crazy Lace, I think . . .

Now it's getting fun.  I was digging through my slab stash and came across a little bit of what I think is probably Crazy Lace Agate.  A leftover of some sort - I'm always finding interesting bits in throw-away bins at Gem and Mineral Shows and this is one of those.

Polished nicely, this little darling reminds me of the field across the road, still winter-covered in snow with gray and gold Big Bluestem grasses poking up through the snow and a rusty barbed wire fence between me and thee.

Can't you just picture a brooch?

And a leftover, leftover - more than a bullet.  A Crazy Lace Coyote Tooth . . .


3 comments:

Lisa at Lil Fish Studios said...

Totally!

How are you feeling with this new focus?

silver.work said...

Lovin' it. Ready to create with my new cab stash.

Sandi/sassyglassdesigns said...

Both pieces are gorgeous but I especially love that bullet...I have this think for bullet cabochons lately. Have fun.