Sunday, June 21, 2015

Day 13 : An Oil a Day 30 Day Challenge . . .


Day 13 : July and Daylilies
Yes, I'm off a day or two.
But I broke my palette knife yesterday and it was hot and I went to a ball game.
Or something like that.
Ah, yes. Today.
This is taken from photo I took last summer of our barn that I have lined with orange daylilies all across the south side.
They were just lush.
Against the corrugated steel siding, the orange glowed.
Don't quite have the steel color right or the treeline but I've learned this:
there's no shame in painting the same subject over and over.
I'll be doing this one again and comparing my growth.

Details : Oil on canvas
6"x6"

3 comments:

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

This might be my favorite so far.

lynn bowes said...

See? I can't help but improve!

Unknown said...

I agree. This one is lovely.