Thursday, June 11, 2015

Day 8 : An Oil a Day 30 Day Challenge . . .

Day 8 : Two Farms
If no one is impressed but me that I've stuck with my 30 Day Challenge, 
then hooray for me!
I'm starting the second full week of painting an oil painting a day and I cannot believe how energizing and affirming this is.
Especially when I posted Day 7 on my Facebook page and got 59 'likes'.
More 'likes' than I got on my birthday, I think =-D
Anyway.
This painting is another simple prairie landscape with some unexpected detail.
If you look closely, you can see that this is a painting of Two Farms
but not the traditional farm.

This is a painting of wind turbines that are cropping up all over the central states.
When I look at the maps for the amount of wind in the central US,
the highest amounts of wind are concentrated from Texas northward through North Dakota and Minnesota and the highest areas are through Iowa.
Traveling between Omaha and DesMoines is jaw-dropping.
One day I quit counting at over 100 near Walnut, Iowa.
This developing source of power is having serious consequences and affecting the true farming communities and farmers in ways not imagined.
So here you have Two Farms.
Non-traditional.

Details : Oil on canvas
12"x24"

No comments: