Tuesday, October 27, 2009

And now for something complete different . . .

. . . a few of my drawings.

I have a 'thing' for drawing reflections and shiny metal not to mention a love affair with old cars. When we hit the car shows and cruise nights, I am constantly on the lookout for interesting shots. I take my own photos and crop and manipulate them until I come up with something 'pencil-worthy'. I use Prismacolor colored pencils on Arches paper.
These are a '55 Chevrolet BelAir and a '60 Ford Thunderbird. I sometimes get requests to draw the entire car but that's not my 'thang'. I prefer to get the angle that I think tells the most about the car. All the better if there is a reflection of another car!

Look closely - I also make sure when I take a picture that my own reflection is in each car somewhere. A nice contrast to the hard metals I usually work with.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Lynn, those are just wonderful! I especially like your reflection in them!

lynn bowes said...

Too kind - thanks, Jill. These are a good thing for me to do in the cold winter months after the Holiday art shows. A sort of rejuvenation of the hand.

Two Dog Pond said...

You are amazing! These are really wonderful.