Thursday, February 20, 2014

New year, new work . . .

#1
We all know how good it is to stretch our brain muscles once in a while, to step out of our comfort zones and try something new.  Well here you go.

I haven't worked in watercolor since high school (you remember, the year before fire was invented?) and I was super deluxe, extra horrible, really bad at it then.  Who knows why but I ask a friend of mine who teaches middle and high school art at a private school nearby if there is a chance I might sit in on her class on the basics of watercolor.  I'm hooked.
#2 - my backyard, across the fields
These are my first two paintings and while I am the first to admit that I am not ready to hang anything in a gallery, I can see potential.  Definitely improvement from painting #1 to painting #2.  Maybe my years of seeing things differently (beyond my eyes as a 15 year old) that has changed me. Or maybe it just clicks this time.  I never try to guess.

1 comment:

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

I love that you're doing this for yourself, and love the results. Can't wait to see what paths this leads you down. xo