Monday, May 11, 2015

Six Miles Apart . . .


Six Miles Apart
After numerous trips here and there through Nebraska and tons of pictures downloaded, I'm starting to get oil on canvas. I've not painted in about 40 years (how did that pass so quickly?) and the above painting was never really my style but now it seems to be taking over and it's more painterly than ever existed 40 years ago. Happy that my hand has loosened and can breathe.

As you drive across Nebraska and any state that has an interstate, you bypass these little towns without a thought. Towns six miles apart, thanks to the railroads. In the distance you see grain elevators and low buildings, all white and shimmery in the summer.  Farms cut in half by interstate highways with odd buildings here and there. Cows. Tractors. Abandoned cars and rows of unused farm equipment.

More to come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very fun and lovely. Makes me want to walk in a wheat field and feel the sun on my face and the breeze in my hair.