Monday, January 10, 2011

Finally . . .

January in Nebraska.

It's pretty hard to believe that here in eastern Nebraska, on the 9th of January, we finally get our first significant snowfall and not much more than six inches, at that. Even though I could do without the mess of snow boots and puddles of melting snow here and there inside the back door, I know we've been pretty lucky to not have much snow all season.

I know, too, that if I get too anxious for Spring I'm just wishing my life away so for now I'll hunker in and get going on new work and let myself be inspired by the snowscapes, shadows, colors and textures.

The cold days begin to lengthen.

3 comments:

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Love those rusty birds.

Why didn't you say you needed some snow? I would have sent you some.

lynn bowes said...

Can you believe this is our first? Can you just send rain?

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Rain it is.

Love where the new banner is going.